William C. Bowlby
Attorney at Law
William C. Bowlby, born Washington, D.C., October 26, 1941; Education: Central State University, B.S. (accounting) 1966, University of Oklahoma, Juris Doctor 1971. Admitted to the Oklahoma State bar, 1972, Oklahoma District Courts, U.S. District Courts, Western and Northern U.S. Districts of Oklahoma and U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit.
Bill Bowlby is also a practicing member of the State Bar Bankruptcy Sections. He's a member of the Oklahoma and Canadian County Bar Associations, and he's been Martindale-Hubbell “Peer Review” rated “A” 25 years.
His Civil Law practice began with the partnership of (the late) Eugene Matthews and James P. Kelley from bar admission until 1973. He then joined the partnership of Fagin, Hewett, Matthews, and Fagin at its founding and later became a partner. After eventually leaving the firm in 1987, he established his own law practice, where he continues to serve clients throughout Oklahoma City, OK.
Board Member, United Way of Central Oklahoma: Award for Dedication and Service, 1989.
American Red Cross: Honor Award for Exceptional Volunteer Service, 1989
Board Member, Oklahoma Goodwill Industries: 1986
Past Board member Catholic Social Ministries (now Catholic Charities), Archdiocese of Oklahoma City
1st Lt. U.S. Army Armor 1966-1969, Armor OCS Class 16-67
Tank Platoon leader, Company Executive Officer and Small Arms Instructor, U.S. Army Armor School, Ft. Knox, Kentucky
Schuminsky v. Field, 606 P2d 1133 (Okla. 1980)
Mitchell Manor Convalescent Home, inc. v. Oklahoma Health Planning Commission, 808 P2d 998 (Okla. 1991)
Prime Electric Co., Inc. v. Oklahoma State Dept. of Labor, 921 P2d 363 (Okla. 1996)
- Chairman, Committee on Continuing Legal Education: Leadership Award, 1988-89
- Chairman, Committee on Continuing Legal Education: Chairman Award, 1989-90
- Member, Law Day Committee: Golden Gavel Award, 1985
- Member, Law Day Committee: Award of Merit, 1986
- Chairman, Law Day Committee; Chairman Awards, 1987
- Volunteer, Legal Aid of Western Oklahoma: Pro Bono Recognition Award, 1984
- Member, Pictorial Directory Committee: Award of Merit, 1976
- University of Oklahoma, Juris Doctor 1971
- Central State University, B.S. (accounting)